Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
Short Online Course
Understanding Data Protection & Data Security
110 Guided Learning Hours
What does the course cover?
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to improve their knowledge of data protection and data security. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification in the business, administration and law sector.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable learners to:
- understand current data legislation
- understand steps organisations might take to help protect data
- understand how to protect their own data
- understand how to protect ICT systems from common threats
- understand the consequences of not protecting data and systems.
Who is this course suitable for?
The purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to demonstrate understanding of data protection and data security. It will help learners progress to a work role where data protection and data security knowledge is required.
This course consists of the following four mandatory units, all of which need to be completed to achieve the full qualification:
- Understand current data protection legislation
- Understand organisational procedures concerning data
- Understand threats to ICT systems and data
- Understand the consequences of not protecting data
What are the entry requirements?
- Learners must be 16+
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than to study
- Must not be already on an apprenticeship
This course would be most helpful to learners studying qualifications pr already working in the following sectors/areas:
Business, Administration and Law
Information and Communication Technology
92% of students said this course help them gain employment.
Your next learning adventure starts today!
Enrol and pay now