http://www.kiwieducation.co.uk (Website) is brought to you by Kiwi Education Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 08647707 whose registered office address is at 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton, Hants, SO152EA.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Kiwi Education Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
Information that you provide
We will obtain personal information about you (such as your name, email address, phone number) whenever you complete forms on the Website.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason and by any medium, sign up to a service, make purchases through our website, share information via the website’s social media functions, enter a competition, complete a survey, report a problem with the website.
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal data from time to time. If we request such data, we will give you additional information as to why we are requesting the sensitive personal data and how we will use it.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Information that we will collect automatically
Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use the Website. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information and the time zone setting.
Information on your device: We may also collect information which is stored on your device each time you use the Website. For example, we may collect contact information, login information, friends lists, photos, videos and other digital content with your prior consent.
Location data: We may also collect information to determine your location using GPS technology or such other location tracking software we may use from time to time. Some of the features of the Website will require access to such location data to work. If you would like to use any such feature, you will be asked to consent to provide such location information. You can withdraw your consent to providing this information at any time by contacting us via filling in our contact form which can be found at this link: http://www.kiwiuk.co.uk/make-an-enquiry.html.
Information from third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us supply our services to you.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment for purchases made through our website;
- credit scoring and credit checking—see ‘Credit checking’, below;
- customising the Website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to the Website or to our services that may affect you;
- improving our services
- other companies within our group;
- a third party who acquires Kiwi Education Limited or acquires substantially all of its assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets;
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above.
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Kiwi Education Limited; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
- put your request in writing via filling in our contact form which can be found at this link: https://www.kiwieducation.co.uk/contact/; and
- provide us with enough information to identify you, and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- recognise you whenever you visit the Website (this speeds up your access to the Website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, email, about products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
Keep your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
In the event that we need to transfer your personal data to countries which are located outside the European Economic Area. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
Consent (browser settings)
Consent (notification on home page)
Third party cookies
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our Website, for example Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flash Player which we use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below is designed to provide more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose of the cookie|
|PHPSESSID||PHP|| This cookie enables the website to store serialised data. It is a session cookie, which creates a file in a temporary directory on the server where registered session variables and their values are stored. This data is available to all pages on the site during the user’s visit.
The cookie disappears when the browser is closed.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please fill in in our contact form at https://www.kiwieducation.co.uk/contact/ or you can write to us at 22-24 Commercial Road
Totton, Hampshire, SO40 3BY
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the Website.