Help and Support Hub
Human Trafficking Support
Human trafficking is the illegal transportation of persons by force, deception, or fraud with the goal of exploiting them through forced labour, sexual exploitation, or criminal behaviour.
What Kiwi do
- We take all incidences of exploitation through trafficking or slavery very seriously and, when necessary, involve the police and other agencies
- If you are a victim of exploitation, please contact our Safeguarding officer immediately
- We take action if you have been a victim of human trafficking or slavery, or if you suspect that someone is exploiting you
- We regularly conduct telephone reviews and/or trainer visits to assess our learners’ well-being
What you will do
- If I believe I am a victim of exploitation, I will try to talk with someone and get help
- If I suspect that someone else is being exploited, I will notify someone
- I am aware that I can raise my concerns with the Kiwi Safeguarding Officer
- I will avoid putting myself in risky or dangerous situations, particularly with people I do not know
- I will use the internet/social media responsibly and will not post anything that might be detrimental to me
- I am aware that some internet/social media users are not who they claim to be
How to get support
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact our Kiwi Safeguarding team using the numbers below or reach out to us using the contact us button.
- Office Hours Number: 023 8017 0380
- Out of Hours Number in Emergency: 999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safeguarding Officer: 07375 461990
Other Useful Resources
The Salvation Army provides specialist support to protect and care for all adult survivors of modern slavery in England and Wales through a government contract which was first awarded in 2011.
A new and extended contract came into force in January 2021 through which survivors of modern slavery are now entitled to support at all stages of their recovery.
- Telephone: 0800 808 3733 (24 hours)
Unseen - Modern Slavery Helpline
Unseen is a UK charity with its head office in Bristol. We provide safehouses and support in the community for survivors of trafficking and modern slavery. We also run the UK Modern Slavery & Exploitation Helpline and work with individuals, communities, business, governments, other charities and statutory agencies to stamp out slavery for good.
- Telephone: 08000 121 700