Who is this course suitable for?
- Those working in the public sector
- Those working with children
- Those working with the vulnerable
- Those working with the elderly
- Those who work in public environments such as stadiums and other public environmentsThe purpose of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and safeguarding, including online safety. By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where they have a duty of care.
This qualification aims to help you:
- Understand the Prevent Duty
- Understand the terms radicalisation, extremism and terrorism
- Understand how to reduce the risk of radicalisation
- Understand the term safeguarding
- Understand the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
- Know how to respond if abuse or harm is disclosed, suspected or alleged
- Understand the potential consequences of inappropriate or illegal online activity
- Understand how to reduce the risks posed online
- Know about potential signs and behavioural changes that could cause concern
What are the career/progression opportunities?
Upon Successful completion of this qualification, learners will be awarded the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent:603/2818/6. This CACHE branded qualification is certificated by the Awarding Organisation NCFE.
FUNDING: This course maybe funded/co funded under the Adult Education Budget. Please contact us to see if you are eligible.
Heard us on SAM FM or The Breeze? Please make an enquiry with your details and we’ll contact you.
98% of students said this course helped their personal development goals.
Your next learning adventure starts today!