Who is this course suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners with an interest in, or who are already working with, people with learning disabilities in a variety of roles. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
How is this qualification structured?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
• Unit 02 Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• Unit 03 Introduction to personalisation in social care
• Unit 04 Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
• Unit 05 Introductory awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• Unit 06 Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
FUNDING: This course maybe funded/co funded under the Adult Education Budget. Please contact us to see if you are eligible.
94% of students said this course helped them understand all about learning disabilities that they did not previously know
Your next learning adventure starts today!